A typical Premium Professional Web Design Package takes 3-4 weeks to complete, depending on which what ad-ons you order, if you are readily available for questions and review of samples provided, and if all the information for your website is in our possession.
A typical Custom Web Design project takes about 6-8 weeks, depending on which package you order, if you are readily available for questions and review of samples provided, and if all the information for your website is in our possession.
Please know before starting a project, that our primary and preferred form of communication during the course of the project is e-mail. In order to speak on the phone or meet in person (Richmond area only), we need to schedule a time.
What we need to begin:
It is extremely important to have some ideas of what YOU want the design to look like and what feeling you want it to express. Please have a few examples in mind for when we send you our design questionnaire.
This questionnaire is designed to enhance communications between the designer and our clients. By completing this form, you are providing the critical information required to begin the process of developing your website. The provided information on the design form will be used to create your website to your specific needs.
You should have most, if not ALL, of the content for your homepage and the rest of the pages that will be on your site. Changes to the content can be made later, however we need at least a good near-final version, including photos and text so we can leave adequate room and design each page appropriately. THE DESIGN PROCESS WILL NOT BEGIN TILL CONTENT IS RECEIVED.
- Request Quote: Let’s talk about your design needs– contact me now to get started!
- Fill Out Design Form: Fill out the design form sent via email. This will determine your estimate and get the design process started.
- Estimate and Invoice: Based on your Design Form Questionnaire, we will create an Estimate for your approval.
- Payment: 50% of the project cost is due prior to starting design work for your project. You will receive an email invoice via our billing system for the deposit. Payment will be made via PayPal. If you prefer to pay by check or money order, just let us know.
- Contract and Terms: On your initial payment you are agreeing to uphold the design terms in their entirety. Please also make sure to review the Terms & Conditions outlines in your estimate.
- Hosting and Domain Registration: If you currently have domain registration, and hosting though another provider please forward the log in information. Your hosting account must allow WordPress and have client access to myadminphp (database). If you are using Richmond Web Hosting Services, please request the domain name you would like to register.
- Content: Send all content and images to be used on your site. THE DESIGN PROCESS WILL NOT BEGIN TILL CONTENT IS RECEIVED. Content must be placed in DropBox.
- Design Mock-ups and 3 rounds of Revisions: Based on your answers to the Design Questionnaire and initial emails, Hollen Zoo Design will present one website mockup for client to review, based on information received in the design form and our initial consultation. While it is our strong desire to get it right the first time, we realize and understand that there will always need to be revisions and small tweaks made. If we have totally missed the mark with your design, we will be happy to provide one additional mockup, with the understanding that any further mockups will be billed our hourly rate of $37.
- Final Review & Invoice: After the 2 rounds of revisions, your third revision is considered the final review. Once final approval is given, you will be sent an invoice for the remaining balance.
- Final Payment and go LIVE!: Once we receive the final payment, your site can go live!